This Ramadan add more flavors and taste to your usual cooking options with some mouth-watering recipesLet’s start with delicious Date Cake Squares. They are healthy, tasty and very easy to make.
Here is what you need:
- 1 1/2 cups sifted pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 pound pitted dates, diced
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pastry flour, salt, 1 cup brown sugar, and baking soda. Mix in the butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the dates, water, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Bring to a boil, and cook until thickened. Stir in lemon juice, and remove from heat. Spread the filling over the base, and pat the remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in preheated oven, or until top is lightly toasted. Cool before cutting into squares.
That’s it! Your cakes are ready, enjoy them!