6 cups chopped seedless ripe watermelon
1 large cucumber, peeled and seeded
2 large celery stalks, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1-2 teaspoons garlic paste
1 jalapeño chilli, chopped (optional)
Juice of 1-2 limes or to taste
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped coriander or mint
Salt to taste
6 short celery stalks (optional)
- Reserve 1 cup watermelon and place the rest in a blender.
- Add the cucumber, celery, tomato, garlic and chilli and blend briefly
- Add half the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, coriander or mint and salt. Blend again till well mixed.
- Pour into a jug or container and add the reserved watermelon. Place in a refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold with celery stalks as stirrers.
Preparation Time : 15 ___ minutes
Cooking Time : _0_ minutes
Spice Index : 1-2 (On a scale of 1 to 5)
Labour Index : 2 (On a scale of 1 to 5)
Recipe Provider – Rita D’souza